Contract: Full-time & Part-time hours available (minimum 2 days per week)
Location: Crumlin, Wales (minimum 2 days per week on site)
Salary: £35,000 - 38,0000 per annum, depending on experience
Has some experience within Occupational Health field. Undertaking clinical activities including vaccinations, phlebotomy, questionnaire screening and medical assessments in relation to health surveillance and fitness to work medicals but is expanding skill set and knowledge to perform basic OHA duties.
- Practice within the scope of the NMC professional practice and Code of Conduct and to work according to qualification, experience, and competency.
- To ensure clinical standards of best practice are followed and company policies and procedures are adhered to.
- To fully utilise company IT systems in the performance of duties.
- To undertake health surveillance/medicals/health promotion activities as required.
- Perform Phlebotomy and vaccinations.
- Undertake supervised training in relation to case management in a development role.
- To act as an ambassador and promote the Occupational Health services available.
- Provide and maintain appropriate advice on health issues, health promotion and health education to employers and employees.
- Undertake vaccinations and phlebotomy as required both in clinic and on client premises.
- Complete screening of Placement and online health questionnaires as required.
- Undertake the daily check of the clinic fridge temperature where required and document as accordingly.
- Perform daily equipment checks and calibration and document as required.
- Ensure that adequate consumable stock levels are maintained in clinic and for peripatetic delivery.
- Ensure familiarity with the delivery requirements of all appropriate client contracts.
- Liaise with Customer Service teams regarding patient queries in a timely and appropriate manner.
- Attend in-house Clinical Audit days, nurse training days and departmental meetings and clinical supervision.
- To maintain competency with all clinical activities and ensure training records are kept up to date.
- To provide professional occupational health case management advice for our clients expediting an early return to work for absent employees. This would be under the supervision of a qualified OHA.
- Undertake all Health Surveillance and Fitness to work Medicals in accordance with agreed clinical standards and to meet Service Level Agreements.
- To participate in Clinical Audit activities as required.
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Understand, demonstrate, and promote the Company’s Genetic Code.
- Assist with induction and training of new employees.
- Manage confidential data in line with the UK GDPR and Data Security.
- Provide support with administrative tasks in clinic locations as required.
- Contribute ideas and suggestions to continuously improve the Customer & Employee Experience.
- Assist with colleagues work during absences.
- Attend meetings and training sessions as required.
- Maintaining registration and NMC revalidation.
REQUIREMENTS FOR THIS ROLE
- RN Qualification and active NMC registration.
- Experience in Occupational Health.
- Experience in case management.
- Trained in or available for training to undertake Fitness for work Medicals and Health surveillance.
- Trained in or available for training in drug and alcohol testing.
- Trained in or available for training in undertaking ECG assessments.
- Experience in vaccinations and phlebotomy.
- Trained in or available for training to undertake the screening of Placement and other Online health questionnaires.
- Opportunity to undertake studies in the field of Occupation Health.
- Developing skills in identifying workplace hazards and impact of health on work and vice versa.
- Experience of attending, presenting, and hosting client Wellness and health promotion days.
- Insight and desire to develop skills and knowledge within OH field.
CORE SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS
- RN Qualification and active NMC registration
- Previous experience in an OH environment or relevant transferrable skills (desired but not essential)
- Organisational skills- good time management and priority setting
- Ability to follow agreed standards of
- Practice and protocols
- Exemplary Communication skills and good telephone manner
- Ability to identify gaps in own skills and knowledge and request training to promote clinical development.
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Outlook
- At all times act and behave in accordance with NMC – The Code
- Good interpersonal, influencing and presentation skills
- Full UK driving licence.
- Well Organised
- Professional in appearance and approach
- Able to work alone or as a team
- Trustworthy and Honest
- Calm under pressure
- Willing to learn new skills
- Enthusiastic and Proactive
- Possess a positive can-do attitude